Author Topic: Getting paid to make filters!  (Read 2717 times)

FM71

• Administrator
Getting paid to make filters!
« on: February 08, 2015, 12:56:41 AM »
So, VLClean is finally released the the public and to encourage people to make filters, we are looking to pay people for their time. We are paying $3 a completed filter, we only require you to filter the movie to a Level 4 on Sex/Immodesty, a Level 4 Profanity. and a Level 2 on Violence

To begin with, below is the list of movies we are looking to have filtered first, if you have any of these movies, feel free to filter them and submit them to us for review, if the movie is found to be sufficiently filtered, we will send the money via PayPal. If you prefer some other method of payment, please contact us before beginning. If you are interested in applying, just send me a PM.

A quick tip. If you get the English subtitle file, you can throw it into the Sub Drop Zone in VLClean's Build Mode and it will auto-generate you the times and words for profanity. Also if you visit Screenit.com and make a trial account, you can see/save the page where it tells you if there are any scenes. Saves countless hours to use both of these tools.

Code: [Select]
27 Dresses
50 First Dates
A Knights Tale
A Thousand Words
Ace Ventura Pet Detective
Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
Alex Cross
Angels and Demons
Arthur
Australia
AVP
Black Knight
Bruce Almighty
Catch Me If You Can
Con Air
Daredevil
Dark Skies
Date Night
Deja Vu
Die Hard 4 - Live Free or Die Hard
Duplicity
Easy A
Escape Plan
Fighting
For Richer Or Poorer
Forrest Gump
Get Smart
Ghost Town
Hancock
Hanna
Hitch
Hot Fuzz
Independence Day
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Jonah Hex
Just Go With It
Just Married
Killers
Knight and Day
Land Of The Lost
Legally Blonde
Legally Blonde 2 Red, White & Blonde
Love Happens
Man of the House
Mean Girls
Men In Black
Men in Black II
Minority Report
Miss Congeniality
Mr And Mrs Smith
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Need for Speed
Oblivion
Priest
Push
Ride Along
Robin Hood
Rush Hour 1
Rush Hour 2
Rush Hour 3
S.W.A.T
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Season Of The Witch
Seeking Justice
Shanghai Knights
Shanghai Noon
Skyfall
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness
Stranger Than Fiction
Surrogates
Taken 2
Taken
The Back-Up Plan
The Bounty Hunter
The Chronicles Of Riddick
The Da Vinci Code
The Day After Tomorrow
The Family
The Great Gatsby
The Host
The Illusionist
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
The Invention of Lying
The Italian Job
The Losers [sHD]
The Nanny Diaries
The Other Guys
The Prestige
The Proposal
The Recruit
The Ringer
The Social Network
Total Recall
Tower Heist
Transporter
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
Unknown
Valentines Day
When in Rome
White House Down
Wild Wild West
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men The Last Stand
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:45:47 PM by FM71 »

jdawg1006

Re: Getting paid to make filters!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »
Hi everyone! I am really new to this, so I need to know what the level numbers mean. For example, the Sex/Immodesty and Profanity filters have to be at a level 4. What exactly does this mean?

FM71

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 01:22:59 AM »
Hi everyone! I am really new to this, so I need to know what the level numbers mean. For example, the Sex/Immodesty and Profanity filters have to be at a level 4. What exactly does this mean?
Sorry about not being clear about this. The levels are posted here.
http://forum.vlcleanplayer.com/index.php?topic=2.msg16

Woodfinch

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:08:00 AM »
The link in the previous post lead me to an error page. Has the information been moved somewhere else?

FM71

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
What page sent you to an error?

Woodfinch

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »
This one: http://forum.vlcleanplayer.com/index.php?topic=2.msg16

It says, "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

FM71

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
This one: http://forum.vlcleanplayer.com/index.php?topic=2.msg16

It says, "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
I hopefully fixed it.

maxrogers

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »
I also get the same message when following that link:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:23:11 AM by maxrogers »

FM71

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »
This forum is terrible for navigating it's permissions. I can;t believe I had 80% of the board off limits to new members for 3 months =/ Thanks for the heads up! It should "now" be fixed...

methodicjon

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »
Would like clarification on something since I'm new here. What is the recommenced/required source for these filters? DVDs? Blu-Ray, DVDrip from online? etc....?

AllisontheWriter

• VLCleaner
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »
Would like clarification on something since I'm new here. What is the recommenced/required source for these filters? DVDs? Blu-Ray, DVDrip from online? etc....?

I personally find that downloading other preexisting DVD rips from online works well for me.  If you're comfortable deriving benefit from that kind of resource (especially if you already own a legit hard-copy of the movie you want to clean), it can save a bit of time, effort, and head-scratching. :D

obsidianz

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 02:51:23 AM »
These sites also provides quite a lot of details of parts with  sex, violence and profanities.

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

http://childrenandmedia.org.au/movie-reviews/movies/alexander-and-the-terrible-horrible-very-bad-no-good-day

unfortunately there no time code for it.

FM71

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
I use a custom Google search to find sites to tell me which parts of the movies that are particularly bad
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001677435523740133292:nynii-lqrvm

screenit.com is particularly good, however often times I get stuck with their paywall, though sometimes my custom Google search bypasses it. I tend to make a trial then save the pages for the movies I am interested in to PDF's to refer to later.

Another thing I do is download the subtitles file and use the VLClean built in subtitle file analysis feature. It works well for showing me words I should mute and often has time stamps.

Finally VLClean "should" work perfectly for your average DVD original. However most people play BluRay's these days and we have not yet managed to perfect it for playing those due to a lack of a PC BluRay Player which leaves us unable to view the file directory layout for blurays.

like AllisontheWriter said, many people just download a rip online and use that and if you all have the same rip, you can know you all have the same version and the filters will line up.

HOWEVER... As a note: This forum does not condone piracy. In order to keep the site from being bothered by organizations like the MPAA we will need to limit talks to mostly legal stuff. It is "Technically" illegal to download a torrent of a movie (if it's copyrighted) even if you own it. Yeah, I know, I didn't write these arbitrary laws and I don't believe in them. However

VLClean was built for everyone regardless of who you are, I don't care where you get the movies, however when it comes to the forum make sure to try and not make us a place where we help people pirate. There are plenty of other forums where they are willing to take the risk, use google if you don't know how to :P I also have no way to monitor PM's ;)